We have a reputation for advising both individuals and charitable entities on cross-border giving, regulatory matters and the creation of domestic charities and overseas philanthropic structures.
Our capabilities in this field include:
- advising on how to maximise the tax efficiency of charitable giving;
- advising on gifts of non-cash assets;
- advising on the most suitable charitable vehicles for our clients’ needs;
- establishing and registering grant-making foundations and operating charities;
- preparing funding agreements to govern grants to charities and NGOs (non-government organisations), for example as part of a venture philanthropy programme; and
- advising on charity law and the responsibilities of charity trustees.
We cover issues such as meeting the public benefit requirements, structuring trading and land development activities, and the UK’s substantial donor rules.
For more information on our expertise in the charity and philanthropy sector please contact Michael Parkinson.