We support clients across the full range of their legal needs in insurance-related matters.
Our multi-disciplinary insurance team includes experts from our corporate and M&A, regulatory, banking & finance, capital markets, dispute resolution and pensions teams.
We advise on matters including:
- mergers, acquisitions, cross-border mergers, joint ventures and disposals of insurance businesses and companies;
- structured insurance and reinsurance solutions with a particular focus on longevity risk transfer transactions (see below);
- all aspects of the regulatory environment affecting insurers and reinsurers, including solvency requirements, compliance obligations and product offerings;
- distribution of insurance products, bancassurance and related regulatory issues;
- advising corporate buyers of insurance in relation to policy wording and operational insurance issues, as well as the use of insurance to address risks that arise in corporate transactions;
- insurance portfolio transfers by means of court schemes;
- advising companies, directors and officers regarding all aspects of executive risk mitigation, including director and officer (D&O) insurance and corporate indemnification; and
- trade and general credit insurance and the use of insurance as a credit risk mitigant and the associated regulatory issues.
For more information on our work in the insurance and reinsurance sector please contact Andrew Barton.
For information about our pensions and longevity risk transfer experience click here.