Peter is a partner in the tax group and a chartered tax adviser. He advises on a wide range of tax and structuring issues but has a particular focus on public and private M&A and private equity transactions, acting for both sponsors and management teams.
Much of Peter’s work has a cross-border element and Peter spent 2014/15 on secondment at a leading US law firm in New York.
Recent highlights include advising:
- 3i on the sale of Mayborn Group to Shanghai Jahwa (Group) Co., Ltd. Ltd, the parent company of leading Chinese consumer products organisation, Jahwa United Co. Ltd;
- GHO Capital on its acquisition of Quotient Clinical, a provider of outsourced, early-stage drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry;
- Wellspring Capital Management on the acquisition of Swift Technical Group Holdings from Gresham Private Equity and its subsequent merger with Air Energi Group Limited;
- Verizon Communications on its acquisition of Vodafone’s interest in Verizon Wireless for $ 130bn;
- Vision Capital on the merger of Pork Farms Limited with a division of Kerry Foods;
- Alchemy Special Opportunities Fund on its acquisition of Hampshire Trust plc;
- OpCapita on its acquisition of the GAME business and on its subsequent IPO on the Main Market of the LSE;
- Caledonia Investments on its acquisition of UK holiday park operator Park Holidays UK;
- Soros Fund Management on its investment in Hyperoptic, the UK fibre-optic broadband provider;
- the senior management teams of:
- Domestic & General on their sale and equity arrangements with CVC;
- Farrow & Ball on its sale to Ares Management and related equity arrangements;
- PizzaExpress on the sale of the restaurant chain to Chinese investment group Hony Capital; and
- Thomson Reuters' Trade and Risk Management business on the acquisition by Vista Private Equity.