Jessica undertakes a broad range of corporate matters with a particular focus on private equity and the professional services sector. She is dual qualified in Scotland and England.
Highlights include advising:
- Adrian Binks, the executive chairman and significant shareholder in global energy and commodity price reporting agency Argus, on Argus’ strategic partnership with leading global growth equity firm General Atlantic in a deal that valued the company at c.£1bn;
- Thomas Eggar on its merger with Irwin Mitchell creating a £250m legal services business;
- Slater & Gordon on its various business and WIP acquisitions including Pannone, Taylor Vinter’s PI practice and Goodmans Law;
- Russell Jones & Walker on its acquisition by Slater & Gordon;
- Legal & General Investment Management on its acquisition of National Grid UK Pension Scheme asset manager;
- KPMG on establishing KPMG Capital, an investment vehicle for KPMG member firms to invest in data and analytics;
- GHO Capital on establishing a specialist healthcare investment fund;
- Soros Fund Management on its investment in Hyperoptic;
- Exponent on its acquisition of HSS Hire Services;
- Exponent on the sale of Cardsave to Worldpay;
- management on the €585m sale of Fintrax by Exponent to Eurazeo; and
- Duke Street Capital on its acquisition of wagamama.