Alex advises a wide range of asset managers and investors on their investment management arrangements, team incentive schemes and the structuring and establishment of, and investment in, alternative funds. His particular focus is on real estate and credit funds.
Alex spent six months on secondment in the legal team at Goldman Sachs Asset Management. He is a member of the Association of Partnership Practitioners and regularly speaks at external conferences. Alex has also been included on a list of most influential private equity lawyers, Private Funds Management’s 30 under 40 list.
Recent highlights include advising:
- Hayfin Capital Management LLP on its special opportunities strategy, which attracted total commitments of €2.2bn and on its European direct lending strategy, gathering €3.5bn;
- Legal & General Capital, the principal investment arm of Legal & General Group, on its investment, alongside Woodford Investment Management and the British Business Bank, in Accelerated Digital Ventures;
- GHO Capital on the fundraising of its first healthcare private equity fund which has closed with commitments of €660m;
- RBS on an innovative structure and agreements with Hermes Investment Management, M&G Investments and AIG Asset Management to co-fund loans of up to £100m for medium-sized businesses;
- Legal & General Property on the raising of its second UK Property Income Fund;
- IK Investment Partners in relation to the carried interest and co-investment structure for its latest European private equity fund;
- Metric Capital Partners on the launch of its asset management business and the fundraising of its first and second private capital funds;
- Queensgate Investments on its pan-European real estate fund, which raised approximately £100m;
- BLG Capital on the raising of its first and second Turkish real estate funds;
- HSBC Alternative Investments on various feeder vehicles and alternative fund investments; and
- Universities Superannuation Scheme on various alternative investments.
"Sources find Alex Amos to be a 'very experienced' lawyer with 'good strength all round'."
Chambers UK 2015