Hilary has considerable experience of corporate tax matters including public and private M&A, financing transactions, derivatives, corporate reorganisations and group tax structuring, including transfer pricing and HMRC investigations.
She speaks regularly at conferences, has published articles in a number of tax and other journals and is a contributor to Tolley's Corporation Tax Annuals.
Hilary is a member of the Loan Market Association's Tax Committee, the City of London Law Society's Revenue Law Committee and the International Fiscal Association.
Recent highlights include advising:
- ICAP on its acquisition of TriOptima and the iSwap joint venture;
- the Virgin Group shareholders on the tax aspects of the initial public offering of Virgin Mobile USA, Inc;
- Ceres Power Holdings plc on a placing on AIM;
- a major corporate group on a significant reorganisation;
- a multi-national group on its transfer pricing policy and the provision of intra-group services;
- lenders and borrowers on various types of financing arrangements, including acquisition finance and structured finance transactions; and
- corporate groups and funds in relation to their derivative contracts.