Nicholas advises on all aspects of company law, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, complex corporate reorganisations and equity capital markets. He also regularly provides general compliance advice to directors, company secretaries and in-house counsel on company law and regulation.
Nicholas has a particular focus on the Middle East, where he advises on various commercial and corporate matters.
Nicholas also has considerable experience advising on corporate finance transactions in the real estate market.
Highlights include advising:
- Verizon Communications on the acquisition of Fleetmatics for $2.4bn and the subsequent integration of Fleetmatics within the Verizon group structure;
- Visa Inc. on its acquisition of Visa Europe Limited for €18.25bn;
- Stanhope, alongside Mitsui Fudosan UK and the Alberta Investment Management Corporation, on the purchase from the BBC, funding and future development of Media Village and the Gateway Site, West London;
- Stanhope plc on a number of its development projects, including the BBC Television Centre;
- Brookfield on its sale of 125 Old Broad Street (formerly the Stock Exchange Tower) to Blackstone;
- various families in the Middle East on the structuring of their investments and the establishment of family offices;
- a major Middle Eastern airline on a strategic joint venture project for its duty free business, involving the establishment of retail and food & beverage operations at a new airport in the Middle East;
- Qatari Diar on the mixed use development of the 5.3 acre Shell Centre site on London’s South Bank, carried out in joint venture with Canary Wharf Group; and
- HeidelbergCement on its £8bn acquisition of Hanson plc by way of scheme of arrangement.