Christopher is a partner in our banking and finance group, advising on a broad range of banking transactions.
He leads our acquisition finance practice and advises private equity sponsors, corporate borrowers and mezzanine lenders on acquisition finance transactions, investment grade loan facilities, guarantee and security issues, mezzanine debt and intercreditor issues.
He also advises debtor and creditor stakeholders on restructuring and insolvency transactions and hedge funds and managed account platforms on their derivative, trading and prime brokerage needs.
Recent highlights include advising:
- Oak Hill Capital Partners and Firth Rixson on the refinancing of their £1.2bn senior, mezzanine and PIK facilities;
- Graphite Capital on seven acquisition and dividend recapitalisation financings;
- Exponent on its £140m senior debt financing for its acquisition of HSS;
- GSC Group, Sankaty and AXA on their £70m mezzanine facility for the acquisition of Wood Mackenzie;
- Duke Street and Hutton Collins on the financing of their acquisition of wagamama;
- Pernod Ricard on its £7.4bn debt financing for its acquisition of Allied Domecq plc;
- GSC Group and D.E. Shaw on their £30m mezzanine debt financing for the acquisition of the Lowell Group;
- creditors in the Ferretti, IMO Carwash and British Vita restructurings;
- a leading private equity house and its investee group on the restructuring of £190m of senior, mezzanine, vendor and subordinated debt, implemented by way of a combined pre-packaged administration and debt and equity restructuring;
- an international investment company on its acquisition of the $150m senior and mezzanine distressed debt of a multi-jurisdictional group of companies, the subsequent enforcement of security rights and the acquisition of the debtor group out of Chapter 11 proceedings;
- the firm's private equity clients on the financing for their leveraged acquisitions, including 3i, Alchemy Partners, ASOF, Duke Street, Exponent and Graphite Capital;
- an international corporate on a €4bn total return share swap put in place in connection with an international public bid; and
- Heidelberg Cement on its debt financing for its £8bn acquisition of Hanson plc.
Related practice areas
"Christopher Lawrence’s team at Macfarlanes LLP is praised for its ‘excellent service and impressive expertise’."
Chambers UK 2011