We aim to act as an extension of your in-house capabilities, whether we’re providing guidance on a particularly tricky matter, managing a long-term HR issue or simply providing the reassurance of a second opinion.
We’ll also help you with the paperwork that underpins your relationships with your employees, including employment agreements and company policies and procedures.
We can advise on all the day-to-day HR issues of an employment relationship, including:
- recruitment, offer letters, pre-employment checks and references;
- employment contract preparation and negotiation, from standard form templates to bespoke contracts for senior executives;
- bonuses and remuneration;
- FCA issues;
- consultancy and secondment arrangements (domestic and overseas);
- policy and handbook drafting, implementation and management;
- disciplinary and grievance procedures;
- family friendly workplace issues;
- sickness absence and performance management;
- subject access requests and employment data protection issues;
- restrictive covenants and team moves;
- confidentiality provisions; and
- TUPE and outsourcing arrangements.
We provide these services in relation to employees and to other workers such as contractors, LLP members and office holders.
"This team receives plaudits from market sources for its pragmatic, efficient and effective approach."
Chambers UK 2013
"Macfarlanes LLP is appreciated for its ‘first-class input into decision-making’."
The UK Legal 500 2012