Few aspects of life at work have as much potential to disrupt your business and divert management time as an allegation of discrimination or whistleblowing.
We can help you to minimise the risk of such allegations and defend your business if the worst happens – whether it’s putting in place special arrangements to interview a disabled candidate, managing a flexible working request from a new parent, ensuring that a redundancy process is managed fairly or responding to a discrimination questionnaire. Our team will understand your wider commercial drivers and give you the information you need.
Our services include:
- advising on pre-employment checks and medical questionnaires;
- drafting equal opportunities policies;
- advising on grievances alleging discriminatory treatment;
- training line managers on discrimination and equal opportunities;
- responding to requests for variations to working patterns, whether because of caring responsibilities, religious observance, age or disability;
- advising on redundancy selection criteria;
- ensuring that performance management is not unfair to older workers;
- responding to discrimination questionnaires;
- reducing the potential for and responding effectively to whistleblowing allegations; and
- defending Employment Tribunal litigation.
"Clients say: 'they have a really high-level and skilled team. They adopt a problem-solving approach to serious problems'."
Chambers UK 2014
"This team receives plaudits from market sources for its pragmatic, efficient and effective approach."
Chambers UK 2013
"Macfarlanes LLP is appreciated for its ‘first-class input into decision-making’."
The UK Legal 500 2012