Our contentious employment lawyers are experienced in advising on high-profile, complex employment issues that typically arise in a corporate context.
Our clients come from a wide range of sectors, with a particular emphasis on banking and finance, insurance, private equity and advertising. Most of our work involves litigation in the High Court and the Employment Tribunals, as well as dealing with the FCA and other regulatory issues.
- High Court: High Court disputes typically involve applications for interim injunctions and speedy trials; they require us to act quickly and decisively. We are experienced in co-ordinating and conducting forensic investigations consistent with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other legislation to assist in evidence-gathering.
- Corporate/regulatory issues: We are often involved in boardroom disputes and claims in relation to investment and share purchase agreements. These disputes commonly concern shares/options acquired on business acquisitions, earn-outs and the enforcement of covenants. We are also experienced in advising on how best to manage investigations instigated by regulatory bodies, such as the FCA and the UKLA, into matters including alleged fraud, money laundering and/or market abuse. In such sensitive matters it is particularly important to consider confidentiality and, wherever possible, preserve legal privilege.
- Employment Tribunals: We are highly experienced in all types of Employment Tribunal claims, from straightforward unfair dismissal claims to complex, high-value discrimination and whistleblowing claims. We have acted on a number of high-profile claims, including substantial "bonus" disputes involving an element of discrimination or whistleblowing.
Our services include:
- bonus claims;
- employee competition claims, which typically involve enforcing restrictive covenants and “garden leave” clauses, or asserting breaches of fiduciary duties or confidence;
- defending actions for wrongful dismissal, which often involve shares/share options and complex pension issues;
- team moves, both domestic and international. We have advised in relation to claims involving the US, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore and the Middle East, and have a close network of contacts in all the key jurisdictions; and
- pensions litigation.