We act for a number of investment funds, private equity houses, hedge funds and law firms, of which many are LLPs or LPs.
We offer market-leading experience in advising on:
- the creation of these types of corporate entity; and
- compensation and remuneration structures, including carried-interest and co-investment provisions, the application of standard employment provisions such as family friendly rights in the LLP context, managing LLP exits and protecting the business at the same time.
Our services include:
- drafting compensation and remuneration provisions, including in the context of carried-interest and co-investment structures;
- advising on LLP members’ maternity/paternity rights;
- advising on the degree of statutory employment protection enjoyed by LLP members;
- managing LLP exits; and
- advising on the protection of businesses’ assets and interests and enforcing restrictive covenants against leavers.
"Clients say: 'they have a really high-level and skilled team. They adopt a problem-solving approach to serious problems'."
Chambers UK 2014
"This team receives plaudits from market sources for its pragmatic, efficient and effective approach."
Chambers UK 2013
"Macfarlanes LLP is appreciated for its ‘first-class input into decision-making’."
The UK Legal 500 2012