Our investment funds and financial services lawyers act for clients across the asset management industry in relation to a wide range of matters. We have a wide range of experience of asset management documentation and ancillary matters that are vital to the successful operation of an asset management business.
- Segregated asset management agreements: We act for asset managers and investors in negotiating a range of segregated asset management mandates.
- ISDA: We regularly review ISDA agreements and related documentation, such as Credit Support Annexes, as well as more bespoke hedging arrangements, for a range of clients including pension funds and their investment advisers, hedge funds and the managers of private and regulated funds. We are therefore well placed to advise on the terms generally accepted in the market as well as the specialised provisions that are often required to protect individual clients' needs.
- Prime brokerage: We advise hedge fund clients in relation to their prime brokerage arrangements entered into by alternative fund managers. This includes prime brokerage agreements and ancillary documentation such as ISDA agreements and custody agreements.
- Terms of business: We regularly review, draft and negotiate a wide range of broker terms, including standard terms of business, for a wide range of asset management clients to ensure that our clients are appropriately protected. We advise clients in their negotiations of standard and more specialised terms of business with a number of the large investment banks and therefore have an understanding of what is accepted in the market.
- Custodian agreements: We advise both regulated and private fund managers in relation to the custody arrangements of their funds, covering stand alone custody arrangements, prime brokerage services including custody and depositary and trustee contracts for regulated funds. We also regularly advise on other administrative contracts entered into by funds or their managers, such as those with underlying investment advisers and fund administrators.
"Respected investment management group with a reputation for excellence acting for sponsors and investors."
Chambers UK 2017
"The thing I love about Macfarlanes is they not only understand the regulatory and legal issues, but they know how to impact on the operational aspects of managing a fund. They know what the investors are thinking and can tell us what they expect to see."
Chambers UK 2016
"'Excellent - Macfarlanes is a super firm with a first-class team'."
Chambers UK 2015