Our projects group is recognised for its extensive experience advising on all aspects of projects work across the power, renewable energy and oil and gas sectors involving transport and other significant infrastructure.
We regularly act for sponsors, project companies, financiers, governments and financial advisers on projects in the UK and around the world, including Africa, Western, Central and Eastern Europe, the Indian subcontinent and Asia. This breadth of experience provides us with in-depth insight into the issues and complexities that may arise during the course of a project, allowing us to anticipate challenges and find practical and commercial solutions to meet our clients' needs.
Many of our clients' projects bring together a number of disciplines; we frequently draw on the expertise of our specialist lawyers in our energy and natural resources, environmental, banking and finance, real estate, construction, corporate and M&A and restructuring and insolvency teams to provide a seamless service, however complex the work.
Our range of services includes advising on:
- Procurement and project bid requirements
- The bankability of and drafting and negotiating all key project documents
- All aspects of project financing, including drafting and negotiating all financing and security documentation
- Joint ventures and shareholders' agreements
- Project structures
- Legal due diligence
- Risk analysis
- Environmental requirements and issues
- Public consultation processes
- Acquisition and disposal of project assets
- Restructurings and insolvencies arising out of project financings