Our planning group provides expertise across all aspects of town and country planning and acts for clients across the full spectrum of the development industry. We deliver high quality specialist advice in relation to large scale projects and disputes.
Our ability to offer first class advice across a broad range of sectors is testament to our varied and dynamic client base and the outstanding quality of our lawyers. Key areas of expertise include:
- Residential development:We have a strong reputation in promoting significant residential developments, many of which are the subject of public inquiries, and act for many of the UK's leading house builders.
- Aviation: We are firmly established as one of the UK's leading planning practices in this niche area, and are ideally placed to advise in the context of policy support for the growth of many of the UK's airports and the increasing prominence and challenge of climate change and other environmental factors.
- Retail/leisure: We offer a full range of expert advice in the retail and leisure sectors and are involved in promoting significant retail schemes (both food and non-food) throughout the UK. We also have particular expertise in the hotel sector.
- Offices: We have a wealth of experience in the office sector and advise on the promotion of office schemes within city and other centres, as well as significant business parks in out of town locations.
- Planning litigation: In recent times, planning has become increasingly litigious and we have been involved in a number of high profile cases, principally acting for developer claimants.
"Clients note the firm is 'highly entrepreneurial, has good strength and depth and is good at advising on risks'."
Chambers UK 2012