Duties will include:
- Supporting the events executive in the running of events at both a firm-wide and practice area level including seminars, conferences and client entertainment.
- Managing smaller events independently, under the supervision of the events executive.
- Working with the business development team to ensure all events are in line with budgets and align with practice area/firm goals.
- Liaising with fee earners throughout the event planning process in relation to decisions and approval, and to ensure that they are kept up-to-date with progress and fully briefed ahead of the events.
- Producing event materials including invitations, confirmations, seminar hand-outs and digital presentations, signage, name badges etc. using the design package, InDesign.
- Sending out event invitations and other event communications using eMarketing software Vuture, monitoring responses and analysing response data.
- Managing the post-mailing process (undeliverables, unsubscribes etc) within the firm’s CRM system, InterAction.
- Ensuring the firm intranet and website are up-to-date with information relating to upcoming events.
- Managing registration and onsite logistics at events including early morning breakfast seminars and evening seminars/drinks receptions.
- Adding relevant activities to InterAction regarding attendees, no-shows etc. and regularly archiving mailing lists.
- Managing the post-event process ensuring there is appropriate follow-up and gathering feedback on the event from internal attendees.
- Sourcing venues for staff and client events, providing client entertainment ideas, keeping abreast of new restaurants, activities and suppliers and maintaining an up-to-date venues database.
- Managing the use of hospitality tickets and helping with the organisation of large-scale hospitality requests and activities such as sporting events.
- Managing the event inbox and responding to client queries.
- Proof reading invitations, event packs etc. as well as supporting the wider marketing team with proofing requests.
Please note that the job description is indicative and not exhaustive; as such it may vary in line with changes in the team’s objectives and firm’s policy.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail – in particular excellent proof reading skills.
- The ability to adhere to strict deadlines, to balance different requests, and be able to work well under pressure.
- Good communicator.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Willing to work overtime on events when required.
- Flexible, able to work as part of a team and pitch in to support others.
- Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels including partners.
Previous experience within the events industry including supporting the running of events and managing smaller events independently, under supervision (ideally the candidate would have at least two years' experience).
Core hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm, but flexibility is required, including attendance at internal and external events. Overtime is available for any extra hours spent helping at events.
Direct applicants only. Strictly no agencies.