This is a new role that will be responsible for all internal communications across the firm. The individual needs to be an excellent communicator with responsibility for facilitating the flow of information across the firm through various channels. They will need to provide strategic advice on the creation and direction of the internal communications function as well as effectively disseminate the information across the firm. The successful candidate will be reporting to the head of marketing and business development and the director of human resources.
- Work across the business to lead all internal communications activities.
- Develop an internal communications strategy aligned to the delivery of the firm’s overall objectives.
- Manage the development and delivery of a range of day-to-day (often unplanned) internal communications needs across the firm.
- Work closely with the HR team to effectively communicate policies and change programmes.
- Work with the PR and external communications functions to identify and communicate key firm wide messages including succession news, crisis management, firm financials and relevant press releases.
- Work with the marketing and events team to produce successful firm wide events including town halls and an annual firm wide conference.
- Provide strategic advice on the most appropriate channels and best practice methods for delivery of the communications.
- Constructively challenge ideas, where appropriate, and provide solutions.
- Provide drafting, proofing and editorial assistance as required.
- Proactively develop positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders including senior management, HR, marketing, learning & development, innovation & technology and CSR & diversity.
Experience and qualifications
- Relevant professional services experience preferred.
- Extensive marketing communications experience.
- Experience of dealing with partners at a senior level.
- Proven track record of delivering against objectives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including the ability to challenge ideas and convention at all levels.
- Operate effectively and efficiently in a high pressure environment, including tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strategic, proactive and tenacious, capable of identifying, developing and gaining support for firm wide initiatives.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to establish credibility quickly at senior levels.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Good team working skills – committed to continuous development of self and others.