The Accounts team consists of three account assistants and two junior accounts assistants, all reporting to the financial controller.
The role of the junior accounts assistant is to provide support to the financial controller and Finance team to ensure that the duties of the Finance department are carried out in a timely and efficient manner. This is a training position that will provide a start in the career of legal accounting.
Main responsibilities include:
- Accounts payable postings as required
- Other postings e.g. hard costs, journals, receipts
- Printing of cheques as required
- Check matter numbers and follow up missing/incorrect numbers
- Posting of batches and filing of batches when posted
- Daily finalising of uploaded soft costs and time batches
- Uploading taxi cost batches and matching them to late night taxi forms, chasing for any missing forms
- Cover for the other members of the team during busy periods
- Printing & circulating of weekly and monthly reports
- Daily Monitoring of control accounts / batch listings / time recording balances
- Report on Accounts matters to Financial Controller weekly
- Holiday and sickness cover for other members of the team
- Any other reasonable duties that are requested to be undertaken by the financial controller
This job description encompasses the main duties of the role and is by no means exhaustive. It is anticipated that duties may vary from time to time according to the needs of the department.
Core hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is required to work overtime as and when required.
Broadly, we want to recruit an individual that fulfils the following criteria:
- The right candidate will be of A-Level standard or equivalent with an eagerness to learn and expand their experience. Prior experience is not required
- The successful candidate will be articulate and confident to deliver at the highest standard in a fast-paced environment
- They must be able to demonstrate high levels of drive, determination and focus
- Strong attention to detail is essential, along with excellent time management skills and a meticulous approach to work
- The candidate must be self-motivated, take a pro-active stance, able to work independently following appropriate instruction or in a team, and take responsibility for the work product delivered
- They must possess the ability to follow instruction and be able to work and communicate with clients and colleagues at all levels
They will be expected to study for their AAT exams. Sponsorship for ACCA may be given after completion of AAT if appropriate. The firm will provide financial assistance for studies undertaken.