Our Risk Management department comprises two Junior CDD Analysts, two CDD & Conflicts Analysts, Senior CDD Analyst, Senior Conflicts Analyst and a Risk & Compliance Lawyer managed by the General Counsel, COLP & MLRO.
This position is responsible for working within the Risk Management department in its Client Matter Inception (‘CMI’) team.
The role will involve liaising with partners, fee earners and staff members firmwide, in connection with the review of new business, including on client due diligence (‘CDD’) specifications for fee earners and secretaries, re approving of CDD and on identifying and facilitating resolution of conflicts of interest and confidential information issues.
General duties will include:
- Work as a member of the CMI team within RM, reporting to the Senior CDD and Senior Conflicts Analysts and General Counsel
- Review incoming conflicts searches and seek enhanced information, if not sufficient
- Conducting conflict searches, identifying any conflicts issues and escalating these to the Senior Conflicts Analyst and General Counsel (as necessary)
- Grade conflicts returns green, amber or red pursuant to established protocols.
- Specify CDD requirements
- Review the CDD collated by fee earners and secretaries and either approve it or identify what is missing
- Identify any CDD issues and escalating these to the Senior CDD Analyst and General Counsel (as necessary)
- Have a willingness to engage with and train on other RM procedures and to become a backup point of contact on all RM queries with the ability either to resolve them or refer them appropriately
- Assist General Counsel with a wide range of research requests and other projects (which may go beyond conflicts and CDD) as may be assigned.
The balance between the conflicts and the CDD role will vary depending on day to day Departmental needs and holidays, etc and therefore the right candidate must have a willingness to support both.
The successful candidate will need strong organisational skills and should be willing to participate as part of a small and multitasking team. They must also have strong analytical and writing and communication skills.
They will need to be pro-active and take responsibility for completing tasks and following through with the resolution of issues, including the ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment.
Some CDD specification and analysis and/or conflicts analysis experience would be preferred.
Finally, they must have excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
Salary and benefits package competitive.
Direct applicants only. Strictly no agencies.