This position is responsible for working within the risk management team in its client matter inception (‘CMI’) team.
The role will involve liaising with partners, fee earners and staff members firm wide, in connection with the review of new business, including on client due diligence (‘CDD’) specifications for fee earners and secretaries, re-approving of CDD and on identifying and facilitating resolution of conflicts of interest and confidential information issues.
The successful candidate will:
- Work as a member of the CMI team within RM, reporting to the senior CDD and senior conflicts analysts and general counsel;
- Review incoming conflicts searches and seek enhanced information, if not sufficient;
- Conducting conflict searches, identifying any conflicts issues and escalating these to the senior conflicts analyst and general counsel (as necessary);
- Grade conflicts returns green, amber or red pursuant to established protocols;
- Specify CDD requirements;
- Review the CDD collated by fee earners and secretaries and either approve it or identify what is missing;
- Identifying any CDD issues and escalating these to the senior CDD analyst and general Counsel (as necessary);
- Must have a willingness also to engage with and train on other RM procedures and to become a backup point of contact on all RM queries with the ability either to resolve them or refer them appropriately;
- The balance between the conflicts and the CDD role will vary depending on day to day departmental needs and holidays etc. Must have a willingness to support both; and
- Assist general counsel with a wide range of research requests and other projects (which may go beyond conflicts and CDD) as may be assigned.
This job description encompasses the main duties of the role and is by no means exhaustive. It is anticipated that duties may vary from time to time according to the needs of the team.
Core hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is required to work overtime as and when required.
The right candidate will possess strong academic qualifications from A Levels and will ideally have a minimum 2:1 degree.
In addition they will meet the following requirements:
- The ideal candidate will have strong organisational skills and be willing to participate as part of a small and multitasking team. They will also have strong analytical and writing and communication skills
- They must be able to demonstrate high levels of drive, determination and focus. They must possess the ability to follow instruction and be able to work and communicate with clients and colleagues at all levels; and
- It is essential that the candidate will have an eye for detail and the ability to act positively, creatively and intuitively when presented with challenges. There is a high volume of work and the job holder will be expected to take responsibility for completing tasks, work diligently and be able to prioritise their work.
Prior experience is not required; however it would be advantageous if the candidate has some CDD specification and analysis and / or conflicts analysis experience.
Direct applications only - strictly no recruitment agencies.