Main purpose of job
Macfarlanes has an established and highly regarded training function. In order to maintain and further develop excellence in learning and development, the firm is now looking to appoint a learning & development Adviser to join the learning & development team who manage the full training cycle for lawyers and business services staff.
The successful candidate will be a highly efficient organiser, with the ability to demonstrate initiative and the ability to work under pressure. Clear and confident communication skills are a must as the role involves dealing with internal clients and external contacts on a daily basis and delivering some training.
Key areas of work will include:
- Work with the learning & development managers to ensure the smooth deployment of the firm’s development programmes;
- Support the process of continual review and development of the firm’s development programmes;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the firm, building confidence, trust and respect;
- Deliver some professional skills training;
- Oversee CPD compliance;
- Assist with the organisation of development centres;
- Manage other programmes such as language training and the mentoring scheme; and
- Support the development of the learning and development assistant.
- Degree educated (or equivalent) or CIPD qualified; and
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a learning and development role, ideally within a law or professional services firm.
- First class written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Experience of delivering professional skills training;
- Efficient and effective working style;
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong project management and organisational skills; and
- Experience of using Learning Management Systems.
Please note that the job description is not exhaustive and may vary in line with changes in the team's objectives and the firm's policy.