We are a distinctive London-based law firm, focused on our clients and on delivering excellence in the international legal market.
We are large enough to advise on the most complex matters and our lawyers work for big brand clients on challenging transactions. We are also small enough to be able to give you greater responsibility in close-knit teams. The size of the firm and its culture means that everyone knows each other and people are approachable and supportive.
We are a firm which relies on the quality of its people and their experience; this is what distinguishes us from our larger competitors and enhances our reputation for solving our clients' most complex legal issues.
Our focus is to foster an inclusive culture throughout the firm, from entry level to partnership. It is about recruiting, retaining and promoting all staff in the firm fairly, and we strive to ensure that everyone has the same chance to develop and advance. An inclusive, forward-thinking culture also enables us to provide innovative solutions to our clients, whether they are internal or external.
- assist in the creation of designs and artwork for a variety of brand, print and digital design projects across both internal and external communications;
- produce digital assets for online platforms including websites, email marketing, advertising and social campaigns;
- source, re-touch and colour-correct images;
- manage and complete artwork/editorial amends;
- liaise with internal and external printers;
- quality control artwork before production;
- flexible to support in other areas, such as uploading content to website CMS/eBoards; and
- provide general administrative support to the marketing team as and when required.
Please note that the job description is not exhaustive and may vary in line with changes in the team’s objectives and firm’s policy.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be creatively involved in visual design projects. We are looking for someone who is no stranger to making suggestions and putting new ideas forward, but technical artworking will be a big part of the role. The ideal candidate will be happy to execute all requests made of them with enthusiasm, speed and reliability, demonstrating great attention to detail and initiative.
Skills and experience:
- a minimum of two years' experience in a similar professional services role;
- a creative and innovative portfolio across both print and online (please attach portfolio with application);
- an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject would be advantageous;
- fluent in the Adobe Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign;
- a strong eye for design (including typography and illustration) but confident and comfortable with technical artworking;
- the ability to maintain a visual style across multiple projects and channels;
- driven, motivated and have meticulous attention to detail for checking work and ensuring good housekeeping processes;
- self-disciplined, with an ability to multi-task across projects and consistently hit deadlines;
- knowledge of the print production process and able to prepare print-ready artwork;
- collaborative and strong communicator, but also able to work autonomously on briefs to the highest standard;
- passion for keeping up-to-date with design tools, trends and techniques; and
- PowerPoint experience is advantageous.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing in-house creative team.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Macfarlanes we understand the importance of an inclusive culture, the continued development of which has been identified as one of our key priorities. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, different perspectives and experiences make Macfarlanes an exciting and stimulating place to work. We seek to recruit the best candidates, regardless of gender, race or ethnicity, background, religion, physical abilities, sexual orientation or any other characteristic.