The revenue team consists of one revenue co-ordinator, seven revenue controllers, four revenue assistants and one junior revenue assistant and the wider finance department comprises of 30 employees.
This newly created role will report into the revenue manager and will work with the revenue team.
The successful candidate will be involved in, and will assist the revenue manager with, the delivery of financial system upgrades and implementation projects from detailed specification through to user testing and successful roll out.
They will work alongside both finance and IT colleagues to build a high level of understanding financial requirements and methodology. They will need to be able to both understand the technical application and specifications as well as roll their sleeves up to help to deliver projects on time.
The successful candidate will:
- Be involved in the planning and scoping of new finance system projects.
- Help ensure accurate scheduling, time and cost estimations.
- Help ensure appropriate finance and IT resource is available throughout the project.
- Maintain accurate documentation of the project.
- Build a good working relationship with the revenue team and ensure that projects do not undermine the Firm’s billing and cash collection targets.
- Help manage risk and issues within a project, understanding the implications for the project for all finance users, applications and systems.
- Coordinate and communicate IT requirements with relevant IT colleagues (in both the applications and technical teams).
- Liaise with external providers to ensure timings and budgets are adhered to.
- Ensure that testing is undertaken in a satisfactory manner.
- Maintain quality control throughout.
This job description encompasses the main duties of the role and is by no means exhaustive. It is anticipated that duties may vary from time to time according to the needs of the department.
Broadly, we want to recruit an individual that fulfils the following criteria:
- The successful candidate will ideally be of A-level standard or above with an understanding of financial processes and systems within City law firms.
- They must be able to demonstrate a high level of drive, focus and determination and be able to apply those attributes to ensure the smooth and efficient progression of various financial projects.
- They must be a highly organised team player who can work collaboratively with colleagues in finance, IT and third party suppliers.
- They must be willing and able to think strategically as well as get involved in day to day detail/processing as necessary.
- Experience of and a good level of understanding of legal systems, particularly Elite, ARCS and E-billinghub is preferred.
- Strong IT skills with good keyboard skills and competence in Word, Excel and Outlook are necessary.