Our Risk Management department comprises a Junior CDD Analyst, two Junior CDD & Conflicts Analysts, two CDD & Conflicts Analysts, Senior CDD Analyst, Senior Conflicts Analyst and a Risk & Compliance Lawyer managed by the General Counsel, COLP & MLRO.
This wide ranging and varied senior position is responsible for working within the Risk Management department. The role will involve directly supporting the firm’s General Counsel on ad hoc compliance and other projects, firmwide GDPR compliance, management of professional indemnity claims and complaints, and providing conflicts and client due diligence support to the wider RM team.
General duties will include:
- Working as a member of the RM team, reporting to the General Counsel.
- Supporting the General Counsel on a range of projects and compliance initiatives including:
- General Data Protection Regulation compliance including regular supplier and client contract reviews and management of client / matter facing subject access requests;
- other (e.g. MLR17 and Criminal Finances Act) compliance and research / file review projects as they arise; and
- firmwide training and presentation initiatives including on new policies and routine induction training.
- Supporting the General Counsel with management of complaints and any professional indemnity claims.
- Strong organisational skills and willingness to participate as part of a small and multi-tasking team
- Proactive self-starter, willing to take the initiative
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to train and present
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly manner
- Client orientated approach, both internally and externally
- Pragmatic approach essential
- Ability to cope with a high volume of work, time pressure and fluctuating workloads
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with at least two year’s post-qualification experience
- Experience of working within a large or City firm’s risk department
- Some training/presentation experience
- Experience of litigation and/or data protection
- Conflicts/CDD/Intapp experience would be an advantage
Salary and benefits package competitive.
Direct applicants only. Strictly no agencies.