Our competition team has grown substantially in the past 12 months, which has allowed us to strengthen and enhance our existing practice across the board, offering our clients a comprehensive range of advice and expertise. Some of the sectors in which we have particularly strong expertise are media & telecoms, pharmaceuticals, financial services, consumer and betting & gaming.
The successful candidate will be involved in providing advice to the firm’s clients and assisting them with a wide range of areas. It is essential that the candidate has past experience in all of the following areas:
- Competition law matters generally, including merger control and behavioral/compliance matters;
- Telecommunications regulatory matters; and
- Direct experience of work, with or opposite national competition authorities.
In addition they will have experience in some or all of the areas listed below:
- cartels and anti-competitive agreements;
- abuse of dominance;
- competition complaints to regulatory authorities;
- merger control, including in relation to private equity acquisition and exits;
- joint ventures, strategic alliance and collaborative arrangements;
- competition and/or regulatory issues in the context of contractual negotiations and disputes; and
- regulated industry matters generally.
The successful candidate should possess the following key requirements:
- Qualified lawyer
- Excellent technical knowledge in corporate competition and telecommunications, gained within a private practice
- Past experience working on market-leading transactions
- Intelligent, motivated and with strong academics
- The ability to instil confidence to the client by delivering clear, efficient and robust advice in a commercial context
- Exceptional interpersonal skills at all levels
- Experience in leadership as well as the ability to work as part of a team
- Credible and self-sufficient.
Opening date: 1 February 2018
Closing date: 1 March 2018
Salary and benefits package competitive
Direct applicants only. Strictly no agencies.