Our clients range from private individuals and property companies to life and insurance companies, large corporates and public bodies, based both in the UK and internationally. The quality of our work and our sound reputation in the market allows us to compete with Magic Circle firms.
We provide our clients with a partner-led service, meaning our solicitors learn and develop by working closely with senior members of the team. We staff projects with small, carefully selected teams so that all members of the group have the ability to play a key role and benefit from real involvement in a project. We pride ourselves on offering a positive environment for our solicitors and working as a cohesive and supportive group.
We expect all our solicitors to work closely with clients and assume real responsibility for their work. The relationships we develop with clients and the quality of our people is the key to our success.
The nature of the role
The successful candidate will provide advice and assistance to the Firm’s clients in the following areas:
- Commercial, retail and industrial leasing and asset management
- Commercial, retail and industrial sales and purchases
- Property Development and Investment
- Real Estate Joint Ventures
- Forward Sale/Forward Funding
- Real Estate Finance (real estate support to Finance Group)
- Corporate support (due diligence, warranties, certificates of title)
We are looking for a solicitor with four to six years’ PQE who meets the following requirements:
- Excellent academic credentials
- A broad range of experience acting on all aspects of commercial, retail and industrial property transactions, for landlords and tenants, in a high quality reputable real estate team
- Exceptional technical skills including both non-contentious and contentious experience (most notably in property related matters) as well as having experience in providing sound commercial advice in the above listed areas
- Comprehensive document drafting skills
- Well versed in commercial negotiations.
The candidate must possess sound file management skills, the ability to prioritise work and be able to demonstrate a resilience to work under pressure and deliver results to deadlines. We require someone with experience managing several matters at a time from its inception through to its completion and who can hit the ground running. We require a strong team player with the ability to promote good team work and cooperation who can also confidently work with minimal supervision.
The candidate must be self-motivated and willing to take on responsibility, be confident liaising directly with clients, other solicitors and managing agents, and be willing to realise their ambitions through the self-development of their technical and soft skills. The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills including dealing with senior managers and partners.
Opening date: 1 December 2017
Closing date: 1 January 2018
Competitive salary and benefits package