Our corporate lawyers support a broad range of clients on all aspects of company law. Our clients include listed companies and their directors; overseas companies establishing a presence in the UK; privately owned companies; private individuals; entrepreneurs; and family-owned businesses.
Drawing on the breadth and depth of expertise of our other specialist groups, we are able to advise our clients on the whole range of corporate issues including:
- company formation and constitution (including advising on the most appropriate choice of vehicle for our clients’ needs);
- general company administration and shareholder meetings (including reviewing annual report and accounts, directors' remuneration reports and notices of meetings);
- regulatory compliance (including corporate governance issues such as compliance with the Market Abuse Regulation and the Listing Rules);
- share capital issues (including share rights, conversion rights, declaration of dividends and the redemption and transfer of shares or other securities);
- directors' duties, conflicts of interest and transactions and arrangements with directors (including loans to directors, directors' indemnification and D&O insurance policies); and
- shareholder activism (including unfair prejudice, derivative actions and class rights).