Duncan Scott Solicitor
Duncan provides advises clients across a range of sectors on a variety of financial regulatory issues including regulated consumer credit, financial promotions and regulatory permissions under UK and European Union law.
Duncan has particular experience advising on complex issues under consumer credit law and regulation arising in a range of contexts, including the sale or re-organisation of regulated businesses and the entrance of overseas companies into the UK market.
He has also advised clients in the asset management, private equity, peer-to-peer lending, banking and insurance industries on, among other regulatory considerations:
- the form and content requirements for financial promotions;
- the scope of permissions required upon the launch of new financial products;
- change in control applications;
- responding to customer complaints; and
- the use of appointed representatives and agents.