Simon Thomas Partner
Simon specialises in alternative investment funds. He advises start-up and institutional investment managers on all aspects of the structuring, establishment and operation of investment management companies and investment funds with a particular emphasis on the hedge fund industry.
He advises managers based in London, New York, Hong Kong, Switzerland, the Middle East and many developing markets. Simon deals with all aspects of investment management, both transactional and advisory, particularly with regards to the on-set of global regulation of the alternative investment fund industry.
Simon has advised numerous global fund management clients for over 20 years and is referenced in various legal journals as a leading individual for investment management.
Principal areas of work include:
- formation of hedge funds and other alternative investment funds;
- LLP Agreements and Shareholder Agreements for the founding principals and managers;
- regulatory advice relating to the on-going operation of investment funds (AIFMD, MiFID, FTT);
- advice on the marketing of alternative funds on an international basis;
- prime brokerage, hedge fund finance and trading documentation; and
- specialist start-up services (seed deals, founder share classes, joint ventures).