Construction and Engineering Disputes
We have a leading construction and engineering disputes practice, with a strong reputation for work in relation to high-value and technically complex claims.
We act for a variety of clients, including governments, banks, commercial developers, PFI project companies, service companies, house builders and investors.
We advise on all aspects of construction and engineering disputes, throughout the life of a development, including:
- pre-construction services, procurement, tendering and appointment;
- pre- and post-contract misrepresentation and fraud;
- consultant design and design development;
- site investigations and surveys;
- interim notices, valuations and payments;
- payment mechanisms, payment adjustments and financial models;
- delay and disruption, extensions of time, loss and expense and liquidated damages;
- instruction, valuation and execution of variations;
- defects and deficiencies in design, workmanship, maintenance and lifecycle;
- professional negligence;
- payment and performance bonds and guarantees;
- default, insolvency and termination; and
- international and cross-border matters.
We work across a wide range of sectors, including multi-billion pound infrastructure projects, private finance initiatives (including government buildings, hospitals, schools, roads and waste facilities), large commercial and industrial developments, residential developments, private equity and pension investments, and supplier and services procurement.
We lead clients and teams of barristers and technical experts through difficult and pressured adjudications and multifaceted court and arbitration proceedings, as well as resolving disputes effectively and efficiently where possible through alternative dispute resolution.
We provide a range of training to keep our contacts up to date with developments in case law and legislation and to deal with particular issues they may be facing. Click here to find out more.