We support clients across the full range of their legal needs in insurance-related matters. Our multi-disciplinary insurance team includes experts from our corporate and M&A, regulatory, banking & finance, capital markets, dispute resolution and pensions teams.
We advise on matters including:
- mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and disposals of insurance businesses and companies;
- structured insurance and reinsurance solutions with a particular focus on longevity risk transfer transactions (see below);
- all aspects of the regulatory environment affecting insurers and reinsurers, including solvency requirements, compliance obligations and product offerings;
- distribution of insurance products, bancassurance and related regulatory issues;
- advising corporate buyers of insurance in relation to policy wording and operational insurance issues, as well as the use of insurance to address risks that arise in corporate transactions (W&I insurance);
- insurance portfolio transfers by means of court schemes;
- advising companies, directors and officers regarding all aspects of executive risk mitigation, including director and officer (D&O) insurance and corporate indemnification; and
- trade and general credit insurance and the use of insurance as a credit risk mitigation and the associated regulatory issues.