We help individuals and corporates adapt to the increasingly complex world of financial sanctions.
We advise in relation to:
- The interpretation, application and enforcement of the global financial sanctions regimes, in particular the UK sanctions regime. We can also advise on the implications of both the EU and US sanctions regimes
- The UK National reporting obligations pursuant to sanctions legislation
- Licence applications on behalf of clients in order to enable activity which would otherwise be subject to financial sanctions
- The intersection of distinct and sometimes conflicting national sanctions frameworks
- The design and implementation of sanctions policies and procedures
- Internal investigations required as a result of potential sanctions breaches
- Undertaking sanctions risk assessments
- Providing tailored training on sanctions compliance and best practice
Clients trust us to advise them on business-critical decisions relating to financial sanctions. Our experience of dealing with sanctions authorities means we can provide pragmatic, commercially focused advice to clients which ensures compliance with applicable sanctions.
We also work closely with leading counsel and have strong relationships with the leading sanctions practitioners at the UK Bar. We have established relationships with sanctions advisors in the US and other key jurisdictions, enabling us to coordinate global advice when required.
Listen to our podcast on the latest developments in the global financial sanctions landscape.