Our tax and reward team is consistently recognised as one of the leading tax advisory practices in the UK. Forming part of a wider Macfarlanes tax offering including private client and tax litigation we represent a comprehensive solution to the tax and reward needs of our clients.
Our broad practice serves a diverse client base, including listed and large privately owned groups, investment fund managers and entrepreneurs. We act as these clients’ trusted adviser and help them achieve their commercial objectives.
Our team includes specialists covering employment and mobility tax, VAT, transfer pricing, valuation, operational tax and tax risk management. We also have a policy team to facilitate engagement with HMT, HMRC, FCA and other relevant bodies on tax and reward matters for the benefit of our clients and the industries they operate in.
The vast majority of our work has an international element. We regularly provide the tax advice for transactions with little or no connection to the UK. We can do this because of our cross-border experience and the relationships we have with leading independent tax practices across the world.
As well as providing our clients with technical advice delivered in a responsive, proportionate and commercial way, we make available a wide range of additional tax related services to clients which represent an additional benefit of being a tax client of Macfarlanes.
Private Equity Tax Forum
PETF was established in 2017 to harness the collective tax knowledge and insight that exists amongst tax focused individuals in the private equity industry.
During the subsequent period of unprecedented tax change, it has allowed those interested in tax matters within private equity and similar fund managers to understand and share practical implications of the latest UK and global tax developments on their business, stakeholders and investments
The objective of PETF is to give you:
- greater visibility on tax developments in the private equity and private credit world
- an opportunity to discuss the technical and practical effects of tax changes
- a place to share intelligence and insight into developments (taking account of the prominent roles of Macfarlanes partners on the BVCA Tax Committee and the AIMA Alternative Credit Council Tax Committee)
- a platform to network and exchange views with your peers
Throughout the year PETF offers a variety of interactive events, including technical training sessions, roundtable discussions on key developments and guest speakers as well as social events.
- Finance, Special Situations and Restructurings
- Fund Formation
- Fund Reviews and Secondary LP Transactions
- Group and International
- Investment Management Advisory
- M&A Tax
- Operational Tax
- Private Equity Transactions
- Real Estate Tax
- Tax Investigations and Disputes
- Tax Policy
- Tax Risk Management
- Transfer Pricing