Jonathan Arr Partner
Jonathan specialises in international contentious trust, probate and succession disputes, high-value family disputes and commercial litigation.
He acts for high-net-worth individuals from the UK and around the world, trustees, protectors, wealth managers and multinational businesses.
Jonathan has a wealth of experience litigating in both UK and international courts, including Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, BVI, Jersey, Guernsey, Singapore, the Isle of Man and Mauritius. He acts on the full range of matters affecting private clients and their structures, including:
- applications to deal with mistaken advice or flawed decisions by way of rectification or revocation;
- breach of trust claims;
- fraud claims;
- disputes between family members regarding their interest in family trusts and the operation of underlying corporate entities;
- trustee directions and court approval/blessing applications;
- advice about and disputes involving loss of capacity by family members or fiduciaries;
- challenges to wills and Inheritance Act claims; and
- art and cultural property disputes.
He has particular expertise resolving difficult and long-running disputes between beneficiaries of both English and offshore family trusts owning large multinational businesses.
As well as acting in court and arbitration proceedings, he has also advised clients in numerous successful large-scale settlement negotiations and mediations, particularly in the context of family disputes. Jonathan is a member of the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists.
His work helping clients resolve mistakes and undo their consequences means Jonathan frequently acts for claimants on professional negligence claims.
He also regularly acts for clients in commercial litigation, with particular expertise in disputes involving breaches of fiduciary duty and conspiracy, including high-value employment disputes in the High Court and employment tribunals, and associated internal investigations.