Alexandra Green Senior counsel
Alex has over a decade of experience advising asset managers, wealth managers, banks, mortgage providers, insurers, corporate finance advisers and intermediaries on all aspects of their financial services regulatory obligations.
Alex’s practice includes advising on:
- new service and product launches, conduct of business obligations, product governance and the Consumer Rights Act 2015;
- regulatory restructurings, consolidation and acquisitions;
- perimeter questions;
- regulatory developments including recently MiFID II, the Senior Managers and Certification Regime and Brexit;
- distribution and outsourcing;
- client money and assets;
- a wide variety of applications to the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority including more unusual applications such as unusual waivers and transfers under Part VII Financial Services and Markets Act 2000;
- handling rule breaches and communication with the FCA and PRA;
- corporate governance, systems and controls; and
- anti-money laundering obligations.
Before joining Macfarlanes, Alex was head of wealth, legal at HSBC.
Alex is a fluent French speaker and in her spare time she is honorary solicitor for the rugby club, Wasps FC.