Incentives and remuneration
We advise on the full range of employee incentive schemes. Our clients include large international listed companies, established private companies, including many private equity-owned businesses, start-up ventures, senior executives and trustees.
Our range of services include:
- advising listed and private companies on the design, implementation and operation of equity-based incentive plans;
- advising on the effects of a broad range of transactions, including M&A, IPOs and private equity exits, on the client’s existing share-based schemes;
- advising on corporate governance matters including drafting, reviewing and helping companies interpret or amend their directors’ remuneration policies;
- producing tax efficient, tax-favoured (formerly HMRC-approved) schemes to bespoke growth-in-value shares and/or joint ownership arrangements;
- drafting malus and clawback provisions;
- advising on the establishment and operation of their EBT, often in conjunction with their share schemes;
- advising on the remuneration packages to be offered to new senior hires; and
- providing rapid tax valuations of private company shares.