We assist hedge funds at all stages of their life cycle. We have specialists in fund structuring, trading and tax who advise start-ups in every aspect of their operation. We know the industry, understand investment strategies and help clients in a commercial and practical way.
We assist our hedge fund clients with:
- fund structuring, formation and operation;
- drafting and negotiating the fund's offering documents as well as all ancillary legal documents (such as articles, investment management / advisory agreements, administration / custody agreements, prime brokerage agreements, ISDA and credit support documentation, GMRA, credit and equity derivatives);
- FCA authorisation;
- governance issues;
- advice on fund marketing documentation and assistance with regulatory issues;
- employee and partner compensation arrangements and tax planning;
- measures to address AIFMD, MiFID, EMIR and other relevant legislation;
- co-ordination of US tax and securities aspects, including ERISA, CFTC, Dodd-Frank and SEC registration;
- negotiation of managed accounts and managed account platforms; and
- advising on seeding early-stage hedge fund managers and their funds.