PFI and Projects Disputes
We act for investors, project companies, facilities managers and service providers in relation to many of their most complex and high value assets and portfolios.
We advise on the full range of disputes arising in the context of private/public partnerships and privately financed projects and infrastructure, including:
- design and construction defects and deficiencies;
- payment mechanisms, payment adjustments and deductions;
- financial modelling;
- service benchmarking and market testing;
- self-monitoring and reporting;
- key performance indicator failures;
- service and maintenance failures;
- termination; and
- project expiry.
Our clients operate across a wide range of sectors, including government buildings, hospitals, schools, university accommodation, roads and waste facilities.
As well as advising in relation to the complex provisions of project agreements, building contracts, facilities management contracts and cooperation agreements, we help our clients to navigate difficult and multifaceted disputes involving investor/shareholder agreements, loan/financing agreements and parent company guarantees.