Brewster and McCloud v MOJ – unjustified discrimination
The cases are in other respects very different.
Mccloud v MOJ
This is an Employment Tribunal decision. The case was brought by 200 judges in relation to changes made to their pension terms by regulations in 2015, reducing the benefits they would earn from future service.
This is a decision of the Supreme Court. It relates to the regulations governing the Northern Ireland Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Private companies
- Alternative asset fund managers
- Banks and alternative lenders
- Executives and business leaders
- Institutional asset managers
- Private equity sponsors
- Public companies
- Real estate investors and developers
- Pensions and pensions de-risking
- Pensions advisory
- Pensions in corporate transactions
- Pensions disputes
- Pensions and longevity risk transfer