Construction and Engineering Development
We provide specialist, in-depth expertise for clients across the full spectrum, of the construction industry including developers, occupiers, institutions, banks and consultants.
We advise on procurement strategies, development agreements, building contracts, professional appointments, warranties, third party rights, guarantees and bonds and risk and project management. In addition, our litigators are able to offer strategic and tactical advice to best protect our clients in the event of a dispute arising.
Our work often involves working closely with the firm's real estate lawyers and we can call on support from specialists elsewhere in the firm to advise on matters such as competition, the EU procurement rules, tax and finance.
Key areas of expertise include:
- Offices and commercial developments: We work with major developers on office schemes, mixed use developments and town centre regeneration. Our experience of different procurement routes and our ability to anticipate the requirements of funders and end users assists the efficient and timely delivery of each project.
- Residential: we have significant expertise in residential development. We have a leading PRS/BTR practice, as well as advising on super prime and other residential development.
- Hotels and leisure: We have particular expertise in the construction of hotels and other leisure developments, acting for developers, end users and funders / investors from the luxury and boutique end of the market to the budget sector.
- Occupiers: We advise a range of office, industrial and retail businesses on the procurement of new build premises and other facilities as well as fitting out and reconfiguration works. This includes clients in the investment banking, distribution, brewing and retail sectors.
- Infrastructure and regeneration: Our experience of infrastructure and regeneration projects includes advising on the structuring and development of utility networks and electricity infrastructure, HVDC sub-sea projects, new build renewable energy facilities (along with the construction and operation elements of secondary market investments) and marine works. We advise on EPC, ICC, FIDIC and bespoke forms of contract.
- Education: We have acted for a number of sixth form colleges, higher education establishments, public schools and charitable foundations in relation to both public sector and privately funded development projects.
- Arts: We act for various charitable institutions in the Arts.
We provide a range of training to keep our contacts up to date with developments in case law and legislation and to deal with particular issues they may be facing. Click here to find out more.