Restructuring and Insolvency
Our restructuring and insolvency practice encompasses a core team of specialist finance and corporate restructuring and insolvency experts including a qualified insolvency practitioner, who offer comprehensive and expert advice across a wide range of industry sectors.
Our broad client base, including credit funds, special situations funds, financial institutions, corporate borrowers and insolvency practitioners, means that we can offer our clients valuable insights into the approaches of key stakeholders across the capital structure, which enables us to develop and deliver innovative and practical solutions.
Our specialist expertise includes:
- restructurings: advising on all aspects of domestic and cross-border corporate restructurings, including solvent and insolvent group re-organisations, schemes of arrangement, debt refinancings and reschedulings, covenant re-sets, debt-for-equity swaps, new money injections and rescue equity issues;
- distressed M&A: assisting investors in evaluating and executing opportunities for the acquisition of distressed assets, including through loan-to-own investments, accelerated sales and acquisitions out of insolvency processes;
- insolvency proceedings: advising on structuring and implementing insolvency proceedings including administration, receivership, voluntary arrangements, liquidation and the co-ordination of cross-border proceedings;
- distressed and special situations equity investments: advising on structuring and implementing investments in distressed multi-tiered capital structures, in particular, with regard to intercreditor arrangements; and
- distressed debt and claims trading: working with market participants across the full life-cycle of debt and claims trades, advising on the diligencing, structuring and negotiating of such trades, as well as the work-out of distressed positions.