Will and Estate Disputes
We advise executors, administrators and other personal representatives as well as beneficiaries and heirs in complex multi-party will, succession, forced heirship and estate disputes whether focused in the UK alone or across multiple borders. We have particular expertise in disputes involving Sharia law succession issues.
We understand that disputes of this nature are often bitterly fought and take place in sensitive and emotional circumstances. We guide our clients through these disputes without being side-tracked by irrelevant and hurtful allegations. We focus on the issues that the court needs to determine to resolve the dispute.
We work closely with our market-leading private client team to provide a seamless service and to ensure that tax and structuring issues are fully integrated into the strategy for resolving a dispute.
Our range of services includes:
- challenges to the validity of wills;
- claims against professional advisors;
- claims relating to fraud and undue influence and recovery of property;
- forgery claims;
- removal/replacement of executors;
- claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975;
- emergency interim grants of probate;
- freezing orders;
- paternity disputes;
- breach of duty allegations; and
- applications to the court (including the coroner) for directions.